Life Lessons from Romance Novels

I+had+the+opportunity+to+be+on+the+podcast+Books%2C+Books%2C+and+More+books+with+hosts+Rachel+Craig+and+Elizabeth+Hensley+as+a+special+guest+on+Wednesday+December+9th%2C+2015.+
I had the opportunity to be on the podcast Books, Books, and More books with hosts Rachel Craig and Elizabeth Hensley as a special guest on Wednesday December 9th, 2015.

Christina Finch '18

1. Don’t settle for less. Expect the best. You deserve love, happiness, and respect.
  2. Find someone that likes you for you.
  3. Talk things out. Fights over communication are stupid.
  4. Everyone has a story, a past. You might not know what happened in previous chapters. So try not to judge.
  5. You are perfectly capable of saving yourself. You don’t need another person to save you. There is no such things as a knight on a white horse.
  6. Love and believe in yourself. No one is going to love you until you love yourself and until you believe in yourself, no one will either.
  7. There is no time to wait around. Either take action or move on.
  8. The smaller moments are just as important as the big ones. Treasure them.
  9. Listen to your gut. Most of the time it is going to be right. If it doesn’t feel right it isn’t.
  10. You are not “stuck”. You are the captain of your live. You have the power to change it.

“Perfection by R. L. Mathewson is a story about accepting others and yourself to find your true love. This novel is about Zoe who never has been the skinniest person and thinks everything in her life is going down hill. And it is. But she meets her neighbor Trevor, who is a total jerk. Trevor knows Zoe isn’t the prettiest. Perfection shows how a relationship isn’t about finding the perfect person, but finding an imperfect person perfectly. I would recommend Perfection to anyone who has issues with their body or is just looking for a funny and romantic book to read.”

“What I Didn’t Say by Keary Taylor is a heartwarming story about the power of words. Jake Hayes has loved Samantha for all of high school. Though one night his whole world changes. He loses his voice for good. And he never got to tell her how he felt. What will happen? What I Didn’t Say shows how Jake makes the most of this tragedy and how he manages high school and love with no voice. What I Didn’t Say is an amazing book that I would suggests that everyone read that might have trouble talking in social situations or for people who are looking for a fun and complicated teen romance.”

“First Love by James Patterson is the book that started it all for me. It was the first romance book that I read and I was hooked from the very beginning. It is about a girl and a guy that go on an epic road trip as “just friends”. But throughout they learn the power of love and friendship. They go through many, many hardships but they realize they have each other. Although this book is depressing, it is also humorous. First Love is a story of fate. That fate is 500 years in the making and even though you might think you overcome it. You can’t. I would recommend this book to people who love teen romance and aren’t afraid of a few tears.”

To listen to the Podcast Books, Books, and More Books by Rachel Craig and Elizabeth Hensley click HERE