Regis Jesuit HS student media.

Campbell Campus 25th Anniversary

A look back at the move that changed the course of Regis Jesuit history.

May 16, 2016

The year 2015 marked a tremendous milestone in the history of Regis Jesuit High School. 25 years ago, in 1990, Dick Campbell donated the land that nearly 1,700 students call home today.

Prior to that donation, the student and faculty of Regis Jesuit coexisted with college students on the campus of Regis University. In 1989, on the brink of closure and losing classroom space, President Houlihan decided to move the school to the donated land from Campbell.

Though this move did not settle well with some of the alumni community, believing that Regis Jesuit was a North Denver institution at heart, Mr. Taylor believes that the stigma with the move is now almost nonexistent.

The current campus of Regis Jesuit High School is hardly the same as it was in 1990. Originally there was only one building in which the boys occupied.

Arguably the biggest change happened when Girl’s Division moved to Campbell Campus in 2003, they moved into the the old but newly renovated boys division, and the boys moved into a brand new division steps away.

When asked about how Regis Jesuit has changed over the years, math teacher Mr. Saulino responded, “We’re bigger, we have different facilities, there’s more of us teachers, there’s more students, and now we have girls on campus.”

The 1999-2000 school year marked the construction of the Aquatic Center and the Field house. Adding more locker rooms and a pool to the rapidly expanding campus.

In 2013, a common ground was built between the boys and girls division, the PAC. The building was all part of the fundraising campaign Foundation for Excellence. Soon the building was renamed the Steele Center. The building also gave the music and theater department state of the art facilities. Now there are many plays and musicals held in the Z theater.

Although much has changed, what has not is the students and faculty. The community preserved here at Regis Jesuit High School is like no other. We call it the brotherhood.