Class Royale

The latest game Clash Royale, is taking over the school and what people plan to do in their free time.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Class Royale

Most students in Regis Jesuit are choosing to play Clash Royale instead of doing their school work. 

Photo by: Skylar Whinery

Most students in Regis Jesuit are choosing to play Clash Royale instead of doing their school work. Photo by: Skylar Whinery

Skylar Whinery '16

YES! BOOM! NO! Is what the students at Regis Jesuit are saying, after they win a game in Clash Royale. The game that has transformed what students are doing in their free time at the school.

Clash Royale is a video game that is a hit around the world right now. The objective of the game is to have a battle with another person using different type of characters to win. The game is based off of how many trophies you have as well, which come from winning battles.

“The game is really addicting, even when you lose you want to keep playing.” Said Patrick Newman, a senior at Regis Jesuit.

“I would say that it has in the past month I have only played clash Royale in class or have been tempted to.” Said Josh Barber, also a senior at Regis Jesuit.

With a game so addicting, it changes what people want to do with their free time that they have at Regis Jesuit. Most people before the iPads used to go outside and talk to friends, now with all of the new games, it has changed the hallways.

“I would say that you can walk down any hallway now and see about 60% of the students on their iPads playing clash Royale.” Said Josh Barber.

The game has also transferred into the classrooms. It has begun to distract people from learning. Most teachers like Ms. Blanc have noticed this game all over the classroom.

“It gets really annoying when we try to teach them, and their eyes are glued on the screens.” Said Ms. Blanc

IPads are a new product of Regis Jesuit and how they teach. However, some would say that we should not have them anymore. They have been a very big distraction towards schoolwork. The senior class is the last class out of Regis Jesuit. who had at least one year without the iPads. Most of them have seen how it has changed the community.

Over the past couple of years at Regis Jesuit, the faculty has tried to make new rules regarding iPad use. The latest rule is that there should be no games in the hallway, yet the rule died out

over a couple of weeks. Students still want the iPad use to stop and have new suggestions towards the school.

“The school should enforce a rule where if you want to play games, you could only be inside for a certain time. The rules they have now do not work.” Said Patrick Newman.

Even though the game has distracted the school from work, some of the students believe that it has a tiny bit of good in it.

“I would say that it has both the negative and positive aspect. It does bring conversation into people’s lives, however it makes people glued to their screens.” Said Kyle Ishida, also a senior at Regis Jesuit.

In conclusion, the game has transformed what the students at Regis Jesuit want to do, and talk about. However, just like Clash Royale, a new addicting game will emerge soon that will take over Regis Jesuit. Most students believe this to be true.

“The game will probably stay around for a couple of months and die out when there is a new game to distract us from each other.” Said Kyle Ishida.